Perfection Loop Knot
The perfection loop, also known as the anglers loop, is a strong and efficient knot for tying a loop to the end of a fishing line. It is a non-slip loop knot, and easy to tie for a beginner.
Use Cases For The Perfection Loop Knot
- Can be used for a "loop to loop" leader connection providing quick and convenient leader changes.
- You can leave a leader attached to a lure, with a perfection loop tied to the end, to quickly swap lures out when using a snap swivel.
- Loop knots provide extra freedom of movement for lures when required.
How To Tie A Perfection Loop Knot
- Create a smaller loop, crossing in front of the standing line. Make sure you leave enough of a tag end to create a second loop.
- Using the tag end, form a second loop behind the first loop.
- Pass the tail end between the two loops.
- Grab the second loop and pull it through the first loop, to begin tightening the knot, but do not fully tighten.
- Wet the line.
- Note: At this point you can pull on the tag end to adjust the size of the loop.
- Pull on the loop and the standing line to finish tightening down the knot
- Trim the tag end.
- Congratulations, you've just learned to tie a perfection loop knot!