Use Cases For The Improved Clinch Knot
The improved clinch knot is an excellent fishing knot for attaching fishing line to the end of hooks, swivels, snaps, sinkers, and anything else that features an eyelet.
How To Tie An Improved Clinch Knot
- Pass the end of the fishing line through the eye of the hook, running it past about 4 inches and fold it back over the standing end.
- Wrap the tag end of the fishing line around the standing end about 6 times.
- Pass the tag end of the fishing line through the loop above the fishing hooks eyelet, this will create another loop.
- At this point you have a regular Clinch knot. To make it an improved clinch knot, continue with the next step.
- Pass the tag end one more time through the newly created loop.
- Wet the line, and gently pull tag end and standing line to tighten the knot against the eye of the hook.
- Clip the excess line. You've now tied an improved clinch knot!