Use Cases For The Double Uni
The double uni is a common knot for attaching leader lines to your main fishing line featuring a low profile that will pass smoothly through the guides of a rod having little impact on casting distance. It can also be used for attaching backing line onto a baitcaster or other fishing reel.
How To Tie A Double Uni Fishing Knot
- Overlap the ends of each fishing line to be joined, bringing each end of line past each other about 8 inches.
- Take one of the fishing line ends and double back, forming a loop.
- Wrap the tag end around both fishing lines by passing it through the loop 3 to 4 times.
- Congratulations, you've just tied a uni knot! You can pull the tag end to tighten the knot onto the standing end of the other fishing line.
- Repeat the steps with the other fishing line.
- Once you have tied the two uni knots, slide the knots together and tighten them by pulling the two standing lines away from each other.
- Trim the tag ends close to the knot. You've just learned the double uni!
Double Uni Knot Strength
The double uni knot has a breaking strength of 90% making it an excellent choice for attaching two lines.